Sunday, March 15, 2009

Semi Final Saturday

If there was ever any doubt about whether the ACC championship was more important than the NCAA tournament, then Roy Williams gave you the answer today.

Quite frankly Carolina showed me something today that I have not seen from this team this year and if Lawson is able to play starting next week without any noticeable limp then I think Carolina can win the NCAA.

I thought today without Lawson that Florida State would win by near ten. It didn't happen.

Despite losing Carolina had two shots at the buzzer to tie.

Duke will be heading to the ACC tournament final game for the 28th time in the 56 year history of the tournament,

You have got to give coach K credit. He is the best coach in the ACC. Whenever a style of play is not working he is capable of changing to what fits his team. He did that this year when he moved Schyer to point guard.

I thought for a while today that no triangle team would be playing tomorrow but Duke came through.

I don't know how they did it but East Carolina and N C State played baseball games on Saturday. Both won.. Carolina played at Virginia Tech Friday but was washed out Saturday.

State and Carolina both play double headers Sunday since these are conference games.

I don't know why I haven't seen anything on this before now, but I see JJ Arrington has signed with the Denver Broncos. It is a two year deal. He did this last weekend.

Rocky Mount did not. Their game with Riverside was washout and I doubt it will be made up.

Cousin Lauren Doughtie improve 43 spots in the standing Saturday shooting a 70 in the second round of a womens college tournament. After a 76 Friday she jumped to 15th.

If Lauren never hits another shot for the Wolfpack women's golf team she will leave as the best ever to wear the red and white. I hope during the ACC chanmpionships to go walk with her since the championships this year is in Greensboro.

That is in mid April.

Sunday night we will have the brackrets to look at.

No comments: