Tuesday, June 9, 2009

MLB Draft Starts Today

I think it is 6.00pm tonight the major league baseball draft begins. If either Brian Goodwin or Tyler Joyner go in the first round I will come back on this blog and announce where they were taken.

The preliminary draft experts are not showing Brian in the first round. As long as it takes to complete the first round and if neither player is drafted tonight then It will be late Wednesday before I know myself. I am limited on line during working hours.

It is my guess Brian will go about round two or three and Tyler may be in the top five rounds.

You know both have invites to play college ball next year so not going high in the draft as everyone thinks is not the end of the world for either.

If something pops I will post as soon as I know.

Carolina plays Sunday in the college world series. They are matched up with Arizona State the team that beat Clemson two straight in the super regional.

Virginia plays Saturday against LSU. Both Carolina and Virginia are in different brackets so they will not play each other unless the both make the championship series two out of three next weekend.

The Nash County American legion game for tonight at Northern Nash has been moved to Tarboro. The new Legion team started Saturday at New Bern and lost 14-4. When we look at the roster I think they have a good team it is sometimes a matter playing together and it falls into place. We will see. First home game is scheduled for 3.00pm Sunday afternoon at Wesyelan's Bauer Field.

Game time is 7.00pm tonight at Northern Nash. They also play at Northern Wednesday night and have another home game Sunday afternoon at NC Wesleyan

No comments: