Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bulldog Wins The TPC

N C State Grad Tim Clark won the Tour Players championship this afternoon in Jacksonville Fl. Not only do I like Tim because he's a Wolfpacker and the other reason is I am taller than he is and can hit it about as far as he can. Eight times Clark has finished second on the PGA tour and had carried the label best player on tour without a win but no more.

Tiger Woods dropped out with an injury. This is me thinking out loud, any one besides me notice since the PGA random drug testing policy has been in place Tiger's body is falling apart?

I can take no credit for this like I tried to claim on my earlier blog today about the perfect game pitched by Jim Hunter. Today Dallas Braden of the A's pitched the second perfect game in Oakland history. Just some where on my blog today I awoke the baseball Gods in order for this to happen after I just spoke about Hunter's perfect game, so maybe I should try to take credit.

I can not for what ever reason get on the brackets and give you any playoff pairings at this time. I can tell you Rocky Mount will play D H Conley Friday night at Gryphon Stadium. Conley is the number three seed in the Coastal conference and this is not a good draw in the opening round. All high school teams have at least one decent pitcher and Conley has a really good one who has signed with ECU. You know he throws against Rocky Mount Friday. Gryphon hitters will determine whether the Gryphons move on to round two.

Softball opens play Monday at 7.30 in the Big East softball tournament. They face Nash Central who is the number three seed. This is their last chance at a victory this year.

Since I can't get on the NCHSAA web site I don't know who the tennis team plays Tuesday in the playoffs but they are home.

Girls soccer is home in the playoffs at 5.00pm Wednesday.

North Carolina did what they needed to do in ACC baseball. They swept Wake Forest over the weekend and are now tied with State for eighth. Brian Goodwin got another triple last night which is his sixth of the year. He is two off the Carolina record which is eight in a season. It would help his cause if Carolina could go deep in the NCAA's, but in order to do that they need to win four out of six the next two weeks against Virginia and Virginia Tech.

Elliott Avent won victory number 514 at N C State today. Aventon's very own is now the winningest coach in N C State history.

No comments: