Saturday, March 19, 2011

Carolina And Duke Advance

I don't know whether they have played in the same building back to back since 1979 there have been too many NCAA games to remember where they were played but Carolina and Duke play back to back Sunday in Charlotte. I don't know whether that has happened since the infamous Black Sunday Blue Monday in 1979 when both Duke and Carolina lost one point games in Reynolds Coliseum In Raleigh and then the following Monday all three ACC teams who were playing in the NIT all lost.

Kyrie is back for Duke and Coach K could not have asked for a better game plan in order to get Irving playing time, a runaway from the opening whistle. Irving got better as the game wore on but I tell you what I see about this Duke team now is their big men are now a part of the offense so they don't have to live for the 3. This victory was #899 for Coach K and if the Devils win Sunday he would be only the second D-1 coach to ever win 900 in a career.

Carolina could not have gotten better play from their big three as Carolina went over 100. Despite dominating inside Carolina gave up close to 90 points which to me is a major concern. Carolina kicks off the Sunday action at 12.15 Sunday on CBS and Duke will be on CBS twenty five minutes after the Carolina Game. No need for the remote tomorrow.

I like the new TV format with four different networks handling the games. In the past if you were watching Carolina leading by 30 they would switch to another game which I wanted to see all the Carolina game. This format I can do the switching when I want to. The only thing I haven't liked is Charles Barkley. Just like Sidney Lowe is a pro coach Barkley is a pro commentator and his style is not very good for college basketball. Kenny Smith has been very good between games but not Barkley.

Despite having four different games going they all seemed to be in commercials at the same time which was very annoying.

I am 24-8 in my best bracket after the second round. I still have 15 of 16 in my sweet 16 and that one I don't have winning next week so I feel like a miler running a race. I'm lagging behind waiting to pounce the closer the finish line comes.

No comments: