Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Knights Give Vikes All They Can Handle

Two years in a row Northern Nash has taken the Tarboro Viking to the limit and did every thing they could but win the game.  Finally after getting the rain out makeup rained out Tarboro finally host Northern Nash at Tarboro and the Vikings win 12-7.

Tarboro returns to Eastern Plains conference play Friday hosting Greene Central  who has a 1-1 record while Tarboro is 1-0.  Northern begins Big East Conference play hosting Hunt who to this point in the season not only was voted by the coaches as the preseason favorites but they have played like the favorites in their non conference games.

Monday night I was at Nash Central covering the SouthWest Edgecombe- Nash Central non conference Volley ball game.  Earlier in the year Nash Central won in four games  in Pinetops but Monday SWE wins in three games 26-24, 25-22 and 25-21.

The road to recovery is underway at Nash Central .  Friday night starts conference play as the Bulldogs come to Rocky Mount.  The team practiced for the first time today since the death of John Stanley.  I hear the team will not practice the day of Stanley's funeral regardless of what day it is and the team will attend his funeral.  I hope Rocky Mount has a moment of silence or a moment to pay tribute Friday what ever they deem appropriate.  I am sure they would discuss that with Nash Central.

While I was at the Volleyball game my Text went off from Scoretrax.com telling me the Rocky Mount-Fike soccer game went to over time tied 2-2.  If I read the scoretrax later they played two overtimes and were still tied.  By the time I received that last score it was dark so I guess the game will be a tie. Must have been a fantastic game.









No comments: