Wednesday, March 20, 2013

NCAA Brackets A Real Roll Of The Dice

I have been filling out NCAA brackets long before  there was ever one printed in the paper much less go on line to any site and try to win a million dollars by picking a perfect score.  This years NCAA Tournament is probably the most wide open in the history.  Regardless of why but there is no Houston and Phi Slamma Jamma in the field.  Yes,there are some really good teams but look  the top seeds have all lost a bunch.

If there was ever a year for Butler this is it.  Of the forty years or so that I have filled out brackets I think for the first time I don't have Duke or Carolina in the final four. I always have one or the other.   For someone who lives on Tobacco Road I have sinned greatly and ask for forgiveness.  I have waited until Tuesday night before I looked at the brackets for the first time because I wanted all the information I could find.  I have every teams RPI, BPI, Victories on the road. foul shooting the last four minutes and even their blood pressure.  I am armed and dangerous I as  reveal my final four.

I have laid out my brackets and a funny thing happened on the way to the Final Four some team named New Mexico  has become my Butler for this year.  They are a #3 seed and I found myself continuing  to put a check my their name in every game.  I am sorry to say but I have Kansas taking out the Heels in the Sunday game and Kansas will make it to the  big weekend.

Almost everyone in the Twin Counties should deep down in their heart be pulling for Louisville with North Edecombe player Montrezl Harrell on the team and thanks to him Louisville won the Big East Tournament.  I have them taking out Duke  in the Final eight game.  There is only one spot left and that is for the ACC Champion Miami.  There must be something wrong with this world when you say Miami ACC Champions but I tell ya man Miami, the Canes on back to back days took down the Pack who played rather well and North Carolina  who was just as good as the Pack and they did it in Greensboro.

Those four who make it to the Elite eight are Duke,Georgetown, Indiana and Kansas State.When all is said and done on semi final Saturday Miami and Louisville will play for the national title and the Ville will win.  Ok so that is my first bracket.  My next one will not have any of those team making it.  Let me see if I can find a Butler the second time around.

No comments: