Friday, September 13, 2013

Football Friday From Kentucky

Tonight the Doughtie's are in Morehead Kentucky where Campbell volleyball won their 7th game of the season which equals their win total for all of last year. They stand at 7-2 which is the 2nd best start in Campbell history. To Day visited Keeneland Farms in Lexington where they were having a horse sale. Morehead is in the mountains of eastern Kentucky about 60 miles from Lexington. Here is what I know from all my friends who have kept me up with the scores. Rose 21. Rocky Mount 7. Tied at 7 at the half Rose scores twice in the second half for the win. Despite the loss this is a good effort by the Gryphons. Tarboro 14-0 over SouthWest Edgecombe. In my predictions I got the Tarboro score right but missed SWE by 40. Southern Nash 52 Roanoke Rapids 27. At one point the score was 42-7 in the second quarter. Thank you FIrebirds for calling off the dogs in the second half. Hertford County 14 Nash Central 7. Nash Central must be the best 0-4 team in the state. Hunt 28. Northeastern 16. Hunt took control of this one in the second half. Rocky Academy 52 St David's 7. Think I hit that game on the head but I'll have to look it up when I get back. The Last word I saw Fike was on the verge of beating Beddingfield. Finally The Knights have got their first one. Playing their 4th game of their four game road trip to start the season the Knights win at Warren County 21-8. now let's see what they can do in front of the home folks next week.

No comments: