Sunday, June 15, 2014

You Never Know Do You

Don't get many Saturdays  where during the day there isn't something to do.  Made an appearance at the Farmer's Market but after that all I had on the brain was golf.  The family went at five to a graduation party for Aluxus Hill so the recorder was set to watch golf to midnight if need be once we got home.

I don't know if you remember watching the amazing comeback made by Barton in the 2007 Division II basketball title. Down by seven with forty seconds  to go 67-74 Anthony Adkinson score ten straight points and scored a lay up as the horn sounded to give Barton one of the greatest comebacks in basketball history.

Today Adkinson is a Harlem Globetrotter so for any basketball player under six feet Ant is 5:10 plays the Showman position for the Trotters.  If you play for the Globetrotters and play the showman position guest who is the star of the show?

During the 2013 Trotter tour Ant set a Globetrotter scoring record in one game scoring 93 points.   Now remember this is the Trotters and during their games they have a four point line 35 feet from the basket and he made 4 out of 12.

Saturday  standing along a wall Anthony walks by an introduces himself.  I thought I knew who he was right on the spot but I wasn't 100 per cent sure.  As he moved by shaking hands some where along the way he is kin to Alexus Hill.  He had his young son with him holding basketball so you got to figure this is the Anthony Adkinson the basketball player I think it is.

You know me didn't take me long to find out.  Still don't know what the connection is with the Hill family but at this point I don't care if he came uninvited but seems like everybody there knew him but me.  Enjoyed Quinton Hill's hot dogs and hamburgers  and by midnight I had gotten in the remainder of the Open.

Spoke with Sandy Frazier while at the celebration.  Sandy is the assistant basketball coach for Northern Nash and asked him if he attended the chickin dinner sale held by the Knight 's football team Friday.  He told me he heard they sold  over 700 plates.  Don't care what school you pull for in order to improve facilities the school themselves have to raise money.  Northern's football team will have a new scoreboard next year.  If I had to guess the old one had been there since the school was built in the sixties.



No comments: