Thursday, March 26, 2015

Great Effort By Heels Comes Up Short

WASHED OUT AGAIN  Tonight's baseball game for the Rocky Mount Gryphons has be rescheduled for Monday night March 30th 7pm with Hunt High.


The only reason I do not take part in fantasy sports  is I hate to have to be put in a position where I need the team my favorite team is playing do good in a game.  My bracket is busted but I can finish maybe 10th in my NCAA  bracket out of about 150 people if Wisconsin wins.

My three brackets the one with the Badgers winning the tournament is the only one I still have in the running.  If you didn't like watching this game you don't like basketball.  Most of the time how great a game is is based on if the team I'm rooting for wins so I know Carolina fans don't feel like this game was very good.

Both teams made their runs but I thought where Carolina messed up was when they were leading 60-56 they came down court three straight times and took running shots ten feet from the basket and the Badgers scored eight straight points after easy rebounds and with six minutes to go Carolina would never get the momentum back.

The final score was not any indication how close this game was.

Notre Dame won the ACC's 12th game in this year's tournament.  I think the key to the game was the Shockers big men could could not guard the Irish shooters on the outside and then could not get back to cover the drives  to the basket.  Since Louisville and NC State play each other that will put at least two ACC schools in the Elite Eight.

Rocky Mount trying to make up a rainout with Tarboro got rained out again Thursday night.  The weather man is not giving the Big East much hope of anybody playing Friday.  Hunt will be at Rocky Mount.  Northern Nash travels to Southern Nash and Fike Visits Nash Central.

If you recall after one game during basketball season started all three of the second  games in conference play feature an undefeated team playing a one time loser and after two games all six teams were 1-1.  That will not happen in baseball as Rocky Mount and Hunt are tied for last and Fike and Nash Central are tied at the top.

No comments: