Friday, October 9, 2015

Mostly Saturday Conference Games

Last week went 5-3 to reduce my overall college picks to 47-13.  Disappointed when I found out I had left off my pick of Clemson beating Notre Dame.  Try to get all the teams of interest in this week.

Friday Night Special:  Remember several years ago when ECU schedule a  home game on Friday night an all the high schools in Eastern North Carolina went ballistic ?  State has a game Friday night but not in Raleigh.  N C State 4-1 @ Virginia Tech 2-3.   State lost for first time they had a tough game.  Tech having trouble winning any game.  Offense looks awful and Tech defense only so so. When if Tech is going to win any games the D must be stout.  Pack 24 Va Tech 13

Maryville 5-0 @ N C Wesleyan 0-4.  Only eight times in the history of Maryville have they started 5-0.  The Battling Bishop lost a Donnie Brook last week.  Bad match up for the home team Maryville 44 NC Wesleyan 26.  Bad start doing my first Wesleyan game ever on PA. In fact I have never done any Bishops sporting event on the radio so the first time I do a Bishops game and pick against them.

Duke 4-1 @ United States Military Academy 1-4:  Great place to play.  The Army will struggle to score on the Devils.  Duke 27 Army 7

ECU 3-2 @ Brigham Young 3-2: ECU has had some good wins so far.  BYU has some great wins.  Utah is a long ride from Greenville. This would be a look at us win if the Pirates could win this.  I wish they do but I doubt it. BYU 35 ECU  31

Wake Forest 2-3 @ BC  3-2.  Wake is much improved.  BC going to be hard to score on. BC 21 Wake Forest 17

Miami 3-1 @ Florida St 4-0:  I wish Miami had of played a better second half at Cincinnati.  I don't think Florida St is a top ten team but I think they can survive this one.  FSU 28 Miami 24

Georgia Tech 2-3 @ Clemson 4-0:  I have picked GT three straight weeks.  I'm off their band wagon. Clemson has to make sure they don't pull a ECU and lose to a team they should beat.  Tigers 35 Tech 24

Virginia 1-3 @ Pitt 3-1:  Wins are going to be few and far between for the Cavs.  I think Pitt  has a chance to be a player in the run for their division.  Panthers 41 Virginia 23

Syracuse 3-1 @ South Florida 1-3:  I think the Cuse is ok and SF is better than their record.  This could be close.  The Orange 31 The Bulls 30.

I'll be on the chains at Rocky Mount tonight to see the return of Chris Lee and Kent Cox to Rocky Mount.


No comments: