Friday, August 26, 2016

Blogging Good Time

Thursday was a rather large day in the life of blogging.  I posted my 3,000th story.  Back on August first was the beginning of year nine for me as a blogger.  If you have been with me from the beginning you know I did not plan on blogging every day but only when I thought I had some intelligent information or opinion  to pass along about something going on in the area related to sports.

If you remember August 2008 the Rocky Mount football team was in the middle of six very successful years under B W Holt and I was covering the Gryphons on the radio with Wes Bradshaw.  There was so much happening that it didn't take long before I was blogging every day.  Those days when I blogged once a week didn't have very many of you that care to read.  As the team picked up steam people began to find my address.  I have never advertised my blog that much so I rely on you to find out where I am on the internet. 

I know when I say this, this  is still not a great number of people but there are about 250 of you who view this blog  everyday. When something special occurs it jumps to 500 We have come a long ways since only five views was a big day..  As long as I am having fun doing this I would like to continue and as long as it looks like we are not turning everyone off to what I am saying I hope I can keep my health to keep doing it.  I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart that your desire to  read what I have to say has helped give me motivation to want to continue to write everyday.

Tonight there are several games in the area when it will be hard to find games anywhere else in the state that could possibly be any better.  Middle Creek will be at Rocky Mount High tonight.  State wide they are number one  in the preseason in 4-A.  HIGHSCHOOLOT.COM  has them rated number one in  the WRAL viewing area and Rocky Mount number six.

 Now we all know that not being in Wake County  it is almost like we don't exist especially in the News and Observer.  There is no reason that the stadium should not be overflowing like it was during the third round playoff game last year against Eden Morehead.  I can assure you the Gryphons have been waiting for this one ever since Middle Creek beat them 24-21 last year when Rocky Mount led in the fourth quarter.

The same thing should occur in Tarboro with Washington in town.  yes, Washington lost to Havelock last week but that does mot mean they can't whip the Vikings so this should be a very competitive game.  Look at the good games going on in the area tonight.  Northern Nash is hosting Northeastern who has been a thorn in the Knights side for several years when they have played each other in non-conference games.  There is no reason  that Death Valley is not loaded down and overflowing with fans.

High school sports are fun to watch and a relative cheap nights entertainment.  Find a game and go have a good time tonight.

1 comment:

Shadrach said...

Word from Apex is that Middle Creek is bringing over 1,000 people to the game tonight vs RMT! Hope RMT box office is prepared with plenty of lines! Get there early!